Friday, February 21, 2020

Round 2: Megan Jilees vs. Drake Miri!

It would seem our next contestants are... a weird-looking 12-year-old and some teenager in a vest. Alright, then.

...I mean, Megan Jilees, better known as the Cold Seeker, versus Drake Miri, better known as Drake Miri!

Oh, wait. Looking at one of those blogs I was given, the Cold Seeker is actually an adult, which I guess makes it fine for her to be in a fight to the death, despite still... looking and acting like a 12-year-old due to Fear magic...

Whatever, we had enough eldritch stuff and nonsense with age last round. Point is, this fight's Cold Seeker versus Drake Miri, and the spinny wheel tells us that it's taking place in a church. Good thing neither of these two are Archangel-aligned, because there are twin triangles all over, and that would be pretty biased.

"So wait, is that the person I'm fighting?" Drake asks, pointing at the Cold Seeker. "I've been in tournaments like this before, but I've never had to fight a kid. I mean... I was going to have to, but I didn't want to, and I lost before I actually had to do anything..."

He doesn't really seem to be paying much attention as the Cold Seeker runs up to him, her hand outstretched. No, wait, he's jumping back instinctively, although I assume he doesn't actually know that her touch is lethally cold. For posterity, yes, he did yelp like a puppy when he finally noticed her there.

"I don't know what's going on, but I think I need to get you if I want to see Brother again," the Cold Seeker says, staring up at Drake with those creepy blank eyes. "Please just stay still. I promise not to make it hurt too much."
"Who are you, anyways?" Drake asks, backing away and holding up his tonfas, crossed in a defensive position. "Some kind of Cold Boy servant?"
She sighs. "Yeah. But he wants to hurt me. To... kill me."

Drake lowers the tonfas, and the Cold Seeker stares at him. I think she's trying to decide whether or not to go for it.

She narrows her eyes and jumps at him. She's about to make contact, but he raises his tonfas right before she hits and pushes. She falls backwards.

"Just stay still!" she shouts. She seems angry now.

Drake and the Cold Seeker are starting to circle each other. I think Drake is stalling, but the Cold Seeker is looking him over, waiting for him to lower his tonfas.

Drake yawns and puts his hand to his mouth reflexively. In an instant, the Cold Seeker is jumping at him. He's not quick enough to stop her, but as soon as he feels her cold hands around his throat, he instinctively kicks her away. She flies backwards, sprawling onto the ground.

Drake doesn't seem too happy with himself about having just kicked a person he thinks is a 12-year-old in the chest, but that's fine, because she's actually like 45. More importantly, she seems to be down for the count, and we have a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment